Monday, April 12, 2010

RR02 - Rotring 600 Rollerball in Black

After receiving my Rotring 600 .5mm Mechanical pencil in silver, i was hooked.  Writing by hand was a whole new experience.  I love the simple, industrial look of the Rotring 600 with it's hexagonal brass barrel, and knurled grip. Somehow the pencil even seemed to write better than my trusty papermate. I used it for a semester at college for note and test taking, but more on that later...

I egarly ordered up this Rotring 600 Newton from a ebay seller.  I was settling for this because it was a reasonable price, but did not have the knurled grip, and it was not the silver color I really wanted.  It was about $40 less expensive than the Old style 600 that I wanted. I love the way this pen looks, and feels in my hand.

However, I do not like the way it feels when I write with it. It is simply to heavy for me to use comfortably for any length of time.  The brass barrel that I like so much is simply to heavy.  The ballance is about write with the cap unposted, but as soon as I post the cap it becomes unwieldy.  I have enjoyed having this in my collection for the last few months, but it is time to move it on.  I'll be posting it back up on ebay very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment